Conditions MFR Can Treat
At From the Heart Physical Therapy we take pride in providing you with the highest quality of skilled and compassionate care through delivery of Physical Therapy, Myofascial Release treatments, education and a safe healing environment to help you meet your goals.
Our skilled therapists at FTHPT will evaluate, treat and educate each patient individually. Our focus is to find the cause of YOUR pain, create lasting and effective structural changes in your body in order to alleviate pain and dysfunction and improve strength, mobility and balance. Most importantly, we empower every patient to become their own therapist through providing them with the knowledge and necessary tools to self care.
Myofascial Release has been proven successful in treatment of the following for all ages:
(We have treated patients from 4 weeks of age to 104 years old!)
- Musculoskeletal Issues: Encompasses a range of conditions that affect the musculoskeletal system, including Neck & Back pain, Arthritis & Bursitis, Cervical or Lumbar injuries, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Degenerative Disc Disease, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, and issues like Shin Splints and Tennis Elbow that are often associated with physical activity and sports.
- Pain and Discomfort: These conditions are primarily characterized by various forms of pain and discomfort, which can be both acute and chronic. Included in this category are Acute & Chronic pain, Headaches and Migraines, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Sciatica, as well as conditions such as Scars, Jaw Pain (TMJ), and Tinnitus that can cause pain and discomfort.
- Specialized Care: Specialized care is required for individuals with specific injuries and conditions that may be neurological or orthopedic in nature. This category includes Neurological & Orthopedic injuries, Post-surgical rehabilitation, and Total joint replacements, which often demand tailored rehabilitation programs.
- Specific Conditions and Needs: Includes conditions and needs that don’t neatly fit into the other categories. It encompasses issues like Plantar Fasciitis, Postural problems, and the unique care requirements of both Pediatric and Geriatric patients, who often have distinct healthcare needs.
Women’s Health Problems
- Pelvic Health Issues: Encompasses a range of pelvic health concerns, including Urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency problems, Vulvodynia, Pregnancy injuries or traumas, Pelvic and Menstrual problems, and Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, which are often associated with pelvic and reproductive health.
- Postsurgical and Scar-Related Conditions: Includes conditions often associated with surgical procedures and scarring. It consists of Lymphedema, Coccydynia, Episiotomy Scars / C-Section Scars, and Mastectomy Pain, which can result from surgeries and require specialized care.
- Fertility and Reproductive Issues: Infertility Problems, a condition related to difficulties in conception, falls into this category. It requires specific attention to address reproductive health concerns.
MFR is a highly effective adjunct treatment which can produce consistent results in children suffering with orthopedic problems such as:
- Orthopedic and Postural Conditions: Includes Scoliosis and Birthing trauma or injuries, which can affect posture and musculoskeletal health, often requiring specialized care.
- Neurological and Traumatic Conditions: Conditions such as Head trauma, Cerebral palsy, and Torticollis fall into this category. These are characterized by neurological and traumatic origins, necessitating focused rehabilitation.
- Respiratory and Gastrointestinal Health: Asthma symptoms, Digestive and elimination issues, and Pelvic imbalances are grouped here. These conditions relate to respiratory and digestive health, and the associated treatment approaches may overlap.
- Other Neurological and Movement Dysfunctions: Covers a broad range of neurological and movement-related conditions, which may not fit precisely into the above categories. These conditions often require individualized rehabilitation and care plans.
MFR Treatment Sessions
Your initial appointment will be at least 60 minutes long which includes treatment and a complete evaluation of your history, posture, flexibility and strength for detection of your specific fascial restrictions and cause of your pain and dysfunction.
Individual Treatment Sessions
A typical appointment is 45 minutes long, however 90 minute appointments are available and commonly scheduled.
This is a must have experience! When you have four or six therapeutic hands simultaneously unraveling your compressed and tangled three-dimensional fascial web, the effectiveness of your treatment is significantly enhanced. Most patients describe this feeling as being on Cloud 9 or heavenly! For many, this produces results equivalent to multiple single treatments.
Our Intensive Treatment Program is a two to four week plan designed for individuals with chronic pain and limited mobility who have exhausted many other therapeutic options and are on the verge of losing hope.
This program includes:
- A comprehensive evaluation
- 15-18 therapist hours per week provided by our team of multi-talented and highly skilled therapists trained by John F. Barnes, usually including a daily co-treatment session
- Inner Journey and Myofascial Unwinding Workshop
- Self Treatment Plan includes the design and detailed review of an individualized home exercise program empowering patients to reproduce similar treatment results at home
- Re-evaluation at the end of the Intensive Program
What to Wear During Your Session
Myofascial Release is a whole body treatment approach. It is necessary to have access to your skin.
- Please bring or wear loose clothing
- Women: Please bring or wear loose shorts or a sports bra or a two piece bathing suit
- Men: Please bring or wear loose shorts
- Do not apply any lotions or oils to your skin before your appointment